Scrapbook City Home Scrapbook CityShop Online Gallery ClassesNewsletter Sign UpContact UsScrapbook City Blog

Saturday, September 11, 2010

What to do with lumpy bumpy cards

Do you love the look of lumpy bumpy cards, but hate that they don't fit into envelopes?? Yes to both from me! Sometimes I make an oversize envelope, but it doesn't look that great, so I decided to make something else - a box to pop it into.

Yes, of course, another Spellbinders card from me - LOL - this time using the Fleur de Lis Pendant die as well as the Spellbinders Impressabilities for the embossed look. The two toned teals are core'dinations cardstock. There's some ribbon too, and a Prima flower in the centre. I love Prima flowers, but they are very lumpy and bumpy!



So, to solve my problems with this card (well, some of them anyway, as the next problem would be postage - lucky I was hand-delivering this one though!), I made a box to pop it in.


I used my Martha Stewart board for the box, and it was pretty easy. My card was just under 6 inches by 6 inches. I made the base of the box 6x6 and had 1 inch sides, so I cut a piece of cardstock that was 8x8, and scored at 1 and 7 inches. I turned it 90 degreees and again scored at 1 and 7 inches. Then it was simply a matter of folding along the lines, cutting in at the corners, a quick staple or adhesive, and then you are ready to decorated it. I the matching Fleur de Lis borderabilities, along with some pearls and flowers - and there you have it - a custom made box for a lumpy bumpy card!

It's not so hard - give it a try and let me know how you go.
Sandra

0 comments:

Post a Comment