Scrapbook City Home Scrapbook CityShop Online Gallery ClassesNewsletter Sign UpContact UsScrapbook City Blog

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bling Tip #1

Hi, Welcome to the third week of Scrapbook City's newest blog - Card City!

In case you missed it, this week is the start of our second challenge - "Bling". Create your card using bling and link it to the blog to win a fabulous i-rock tool and gems from Imaginisce.

This week I will be posting a few of my favourite "bling tips" to get you cruising.

Tip#1 - Editing a Bling Swirl

My favourite thing to do with a bling swirl, is to edit it so that I get the swirls I need, where I need them. I don't want half my swirls to be covered up by my other embellishments, or to use more than I need to. Yesterday I was decorating a candy jar and I wanted just a little bit of bling and a couple of swirls, but all I had was this set of rather large Zva Creative swirls. No problems.

First, I left all the bling on the clear sheet and laid it over my project and chose which swirls I wanted to use. Then I trimmed off my chosen swirls and attached them to my project, taking care to layer them where they wouldn't be hidden by the flower.

Here's a photo of my leftover sheet, (you can see the impression left behind of the swirls that I removed):





And, Presto! I got exactly what I needed to enhance my project, and I still have a lot of bling to use for next time.




See you tomorrow with another bling tip. Nic

0 comments:

Post a Comment