Scrapbook City Home Scrapbook CityShop Online Gallery ClassesNewsletter Sign UpContact UsScrapbook City Blog

Monday, October 11, 2010

Felt Flowers with Spellbinders.

Hi, Nic here. I'm your hostess on the Card City Blog this week. Since the new challenge to be launched tomorrow is handmade flowers, I thought I would concentrate on tips and techniques for handmade flowers! Inspirational huh!

As I am also a bit of a tool freak, today's post is about cutting felt, specifically flowers, with spellbinders dies. Spellbinders dies cut felt easily which means you can have cute little handmade felt flowers in just minutes.

I cut these white felt flowers on this card using Spellbinders "Dahlia" Nestability dies in my wizard machine. Then I layered all the pieces to create one flower.



Here's a close up of the flower:





The cutting sandwiches (from bottom up) are:

Wizard: White master mat, tan embossing mat, die (cutting side up), felt, charm embossing mat. NOTE: This is different to the sandwich recommended by Spellbinders, this is what I have found works for my machine.

Cuttlebug: A Plate, B Plate, die (cutting side up), felt, B plate. NOTE: Depending on the age of your plates, you may also need a shim between the A & B plates.


The best thing is, a piece of felt is only 40cents at Scrapbook City, and you can make about 3-4 flowers just like this one from one piece. Very thrifty!

Oh and whilst you are at Scrapbook City being thrifty with felt, ask Leisa or Kerri to show you the new Martha Stewart around the page border and corner punches - they have just arrived and are hot, hot, hot! Gotta love a good tool!

Come back soon and I will have more for you on handmade flowers!

Nic

0 comments:

Post a Comment